Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Moving is expensive

There are a lot of positive things about upgrading from a studio rental to a one bedroom condo that I actually own. But, there is also an added cost to the upgrade -- and I am not just talking about the massive cost of the renovations that are going to start this month.

Paying for movers, some additional furniture, and rugs are going to be the biggest costs for me. I've got the money, because I've been saving a little extra each month to pay for it. Why is it that even when I have the money to buy things, it sometimes feels bad to part with that cash?

I'm going to try not to buy too much new stuff for my new place, because, well, I've been living just fine with the stuff I have right now, in most respects. And I was able to pack it all up in relatively little time, which I think means that my de-cluttering has been working! I do want some new things though, to really make my new place home, and I am not afraid to splurge and get things I really like if it is within my budget.

I was going to continue this blog post by talking about the new chairs I wanted to buy for my living room, and I was going to ask all of my readers (I think there are at least 5 of you now!) which chairs they liked best.

But....

As I was browsing online, I saw these chairs from Target, and I knew I had to have them. They are almost the exact same pattern of a larger chair (too large for my small space) that I saw a few weekend ago while out buying renovation-type stuff. So, I ordered two of them. Bad, impulse purchasing, I know! But, they were 15% off, the shipping was free and I can return them to any Target store within the next 3 months and get my money back. If I hate them in person or they don't go with what I already have, I will be doing just that.

2 comments:

  1. Moving is really very expensive. Last year we moved to our new home and cost me a lot. Sorting things which I need for the new place is the most hardest thing. Thanks for sharing the post with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate moving. I have been leaving in the same place for almost six years. I am sacred of expense. I hope I do not have to move out in recent times.

    ReplyDelete

Weight Loss Ticker